Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cleaning, Preparing to Move, and Money Problems

I'm a really messy person. I try to clean a little bit everyday because cleaning everything all at once overwhelms me (amongst many other things). I've found that I'm really bad at getting the trash to the trash can and that I accumulate things I need to throw away at a breakneck pace.

I'm worried about what will happen when my husband comes back home. He is really messy as well. I've not been able to motivate him to clean either. So him being home will prove difficult. Being in a bigger place will help tremendously.

Which brings me to the moving part. When my husband is released he will have approximately 3 days to move down to his new base. So I have to have everything ready to move before he is released. We won't be able to get everything there in his car so his parents will take the rest to us later.

I still have not been informed when he will be released. So I've been doing my best to do what I can without knowing an exact date. One of the joys of being an army wife.

Hopefully the whole military knows we're married so we can start getting housing and food pay as I've been living without it. Even when they were giving us approximately 300$ a month. Plus I don't want him to have to stay in the barracks while I stay in a hotel, because he'll be mad, and we can't afford more than a one night stay in a hotel.

There has been confusion about us being married because his old battalion "lost" our wedding certificate. We haven't been getting food and housing money for almost 6 months because of this. We are supposed to get back pay, but I wouldn't be surprised if they decide not to because "it's our fault".

The really strange thing is that I have a military I.D. and I am insured under tricare. So obviously there has to be record of us getting married floating around somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment